Phil and Dalene Hamer

Phil and Dalene Hamer

hey there!

Thank you for checking out our blog! Stop by regularly and keep up to date with what we're up to! Here we will be sharing our adventures, heartaches, insights, challenges and probably really random stuff. Phil is a filmmaker with a gift of storytelling. Check out R4P.co to see more of what he does. And Dalene will be writing most of the posts! Ha! We have a passion for bringing awareness to injustice, and spend our days learning and contemplating how to empower the voiceless. With our family and friends, we work through Until Then to help street kids, and are continuously seeking relationships with organizations and individuals who we can join arms with. We hope you enjoy our blog!
Dalene and Phil

Friday, October 4, 2013

Heartache and Stress

Sometimes writing my heart aches for the world to see happens for growth and healing. Silence usually isn't good. My sister is silent when things aren't good. My dad was silent then, too. "I only want to call when I have something good to share," and he almost never called. 

His voice is on my phone, a message from him when he loved me. I feared hearing it play for a while after he was gone, not sure how I would take it. Of course I cried. I've cried a lot this year. 

A coworker friend, my best healthnut, shared a book on cancer. Apparently we all are capable of having it. Burgers, fries, no excersise and stress make it worse. Perfect. Check all of the above. 
Stress and fries are my greatest companions. How can this life throw so much hurt in one direction? Either everyone is experiencing this and no one talking about it, or the stupid devil won't let me alone. However it falls is not good.

Do you ever notice how when you don't feel good you shut people out? Calling in sick to work, canceling social outings, ordering out instead of cooking, sleeping in on Sunday morning. I'm doing all of that. Well, except calling in sick even though sleeping in every day sounds good. If not for bills (like ordering out) I probably would. With so much darkness in this world we need to find rays of light somewhere, somehow. I'm going to look harder. I'm convinced there is light and hope if I search it out. 


Ever hopeful,
Dalene

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, friend! so glad to know you <3
    -abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your words sweet Dalene. Poignant, beautiful, vibrant and true. I have enjoyed walking the muddy paths of Kenya with you. Maybe someday we'll do that in person :). Until then I will read this blog, hope alongside and be thankful for the chance to know someone like you.

    ReplyDelete